Episode 4: How To Be The Parent You Want To Be (Without Running on Empty) with Deborah Chalk
Have you ever thought about the parent you want to be and told yourself that you just don’t measure up? Have you ever tried to fit into a mold that doesn’t feel right?
My guest today knows exactly how that feels and she has made it her mission to spread the word that you don’t have to fit a mold, and instead can lean into your own strengths and forge your own path.
Deborah Chalk is a Life Coach who helps parents be the kind of parent they want to be without running on empty. She’s a Certified Wayfinder Life Coach and an Endorsed Mind-body Magic Coach. Her work has featured on ‘The Huffington Post,’ ‘Mind Body Green,’ ‘Chopra,’ and ‘Life Hack.’
Listen in as we talk about real-life parenting advice and how to apply the same principles to your heart-centered business.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- That a lot of what we learn in parenting is just what we experienced as kids and that may or may not work for who we want to be as parents.
- How being in community with other like-minded parents really helped Deborah on her parenting journey and how she provides that for the parents she coaches.
- The importance of naturally playing to your strengths as a mom.
- Deborah’s recommendation for moms, especially moms of young children, to take time for themselves to recharge.
- How important it is to model caring for ourselves to our children because they will see that you are valuing yourself and do the same.
No matter what stage you are at in your parenting journey, whether you are just starting out or a seasoned parent of multiple children, we can all glean something valuable from this conversation.
If you want to learn more about Deborah’s work, you can find her at www.deborahchalk.com where she offers a free Releasing Tension meditation or join her free Facebook group – Creativity, calm and confidence for Moms,’ HERE.
Deborah’s Free Facebook Group: Creativity, calm and confidence for Moms
Keep In Touch: